The Small Cruise Ship Company code of conduct.
Many of our cruises visit sensitive and rarely visited regions of the world, and we ask that all our clients remember a few simple points that will help to maintain and improve these places.
We ask that you
• abide by any instructions from your cruise manager or ship's crew
• do not walk on any sensitive plants, corals or other features
• never throw anything overboard or onto the ground or ice anywhere in the world
• respect all wildlife and maintain at least 5 metres from all wildlife, and 15 metres from particularly sensitive or large animals - Your guide will give you advice
• do not feed any wildlife
• refrain from smoking in any sensitive region
• do not take or buy any form of wildlife souvenir, including shells, coral, skins, bones or anything that was once alive or attached to a living thing
• don't give sweets or presents to communities we visit - It is much better to spend a little money in the community you are visiting
• do not participate in sex-tourism
• do not buy or use illegal or illicit drugs
l• earn to speak a few simple phrases of any languages of your host communities - it will enhance your visit no end!
• do not be obtrusive with your camera - few people anywhere like having a camera stuck in their face