ABN Rajmahal, entered service on the Lower Ganges and the Ganges proper on schedule in mid-February 2014. Built in Kolkata, she is 50m long and powered by 3 engines; her extra-shallow draught and a lower profile than conventional designs allow her to cruise further upstream than any of her competitors.
ABN Rajmahal has 22 cabins: 14 spacious twin/double cabins on the upper deck; 4 twin/double cabins on the main deck; and 4 single cabins for which we charge no supplement. The décor is stylish and fresh with touches of colonial elegance, brought to life by traditional Indian-inspired designs on hand-blocked cotton fabrics. All cabins on ABN Rajmahal have French balconies.
As with the other ships in our fleet, there is a comfortable saloon and bar, dining room and a vast canopied sundeck. A small spa onboard offers a wide range of treatments. All cabins and public rooms on our ships are air-conditioned.
Food on board is a mixture of Assamese (milder than most Indian cuisine) and Continental cuisines. Wines, beer and spirits are available.
- Spacious cabins with individual climate control
- En suite shower/WC with Biotique toiletries
- Generous cupboard space and under-bed storage
- Hair drier in each cabin
- Minibar in each cabin
- In-room electronic safe
- Tea/coffee making facilities in cabins
- Intercommunication telephone in cabins
- High quality bathrobes and slippers in cabins
- Large sliding glass windows offering panoramic views of the river
- Vast sundeck both open and shaded, with sunloungers or steamer chairs
- Spacious air-conditioned saloon with library and recorded entertainment
- Spa with choice of treatments.
- Shore excursion programme including all admissions
- Maximum 20 guests per guide on all excursions
- Naturalist onboard the vessel
- Cold towel service after excursions
- Welcome drink after excursions
- Shoe-cleaning after excursions
- Turndown service in all cabins
- Expertly trained culinary staff
- Single seating for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Acclaimed combination of Indian & Western cuisines
- Wide choice of wines, spirits and beer
- Complimentary tea, coffee and mineral water throughout
- Welcome reception
- Farewell reception
- Local on-board dance & song performances.
- Vessel Type: River Boat
- Length: 50 meters
- Passenger Capacity: 40