Covid-19 January/February update
At the Small Cruise Ship Collection we are doing everything we can to be fair to our clients, the people all over the world who we work with and whose very livelihood is under threat, and also our staff. We work with around 50-60 different ship operators all over the world, and they all have different policies, so we cannot publish one set of rules that will cover everybody, but here are some guidlines.
- The situation is changing and there are so many different scenarios
- Although vaccinations are being rolled out in many countries it will be some time before there is a complete relaxation of travel restrictions
- Requirements for joing a cruise will most likely be governed by national governments. They may well require proof of vaccine and/or negative tests. No government has yet published what their requirements will be.
- If your cruise is cancelled you usually have the option of changing the date or a refund of money paid to us, though this may take a little time and not all operators are offering refunds.
- Most if not all cruise companies are offering free date changes and travel credit, sometimes for up to 125% of the cost of your cruise.
- We have a rolling programme of cancellations, with regular reviews being undertaken - But please remember that we are working with dozens of different companies in many different countries, and they all do things differently.
- We will not expect your final balance to be paid until we are certain that your cruise will go ahead.
- If your cruise hasn't yet been officially cancelled, there is no refund due from The Small Cruise Ship Collection if you cannot travel - Please speak to your travel insurance company.
- We are working our way through all of the changes and cancellations as fast as we can
- Several staff members have been 'furloughed' so we are operating with a smaller staff than usual.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.