Covid-19 July update
At the Small Cruise Ship Collection we are doing everything we can to be fair to our clients, the people all over the world who we work with and whose very livelihood is under threat, and also our staff. We work with around 50-60 different ship operators all over the world, and they all have different policies, so we cannot publish one set of rules that will cover everybody, but here are some guidlines.
- The situation is changing so fast and there are so many different scenarios - The first cruises in Croatia started in late June, and we expect Turkey, Greece, France and Montenegro to start in July.
- If your cruise is cancelled you usually have the option of changing the date or a refund of money paid to us, though this may take a little time and not all operators are offering refunds.
- Most if not all cruise companies are offering free date changes and travel credit, sometimes for up to 125% of the cost of your cruise.
- We have a rolling programme of cancellations, with regular reviews being undertaken every day - But please remember that we are working with dozens of different companies in many different countries, and they all do things differently.
- We will not expect your final balance to be paid until we are certain that your cruise will go ahead.
- If your cruise hasn't yet been officially cancelled, there is no refund due from The Small Cruise Ship Collection if you cannot travel - Please speak to your travel insurance company.
- We are working our way through all of the changes and cancellations as fast as we can - We now have the added complication that we ordered a new phone system a while ago, which was implemented in mid March - but isn't yet running smoothly - Please bear with us.
- Several staff members have been 'furloughed' so we are operating with a smaller staff than usual.
- Please email us at email@example.com for more information.