Katharina is a mix of traditional and modern design. Her hull and rigging are traditional, while the deck house and interior were custom designed to adapt to Western tastes of space, privacy and comfort. While Indonesian traditional sailing vessels are customarily referred to as Bugi Schooners, strictly speaking Katharina is rigged as a Ketch, the foremast being higher than the aft mast.
The deck area of Katharina is dominated by the 25m tall main and top masts and a large central table around which we enjoy our meals alfresco. Just aft is the main lounge and bar, accessible on the port side. On top of this main cabin there is a sun deck, where you find several additional deck chairs and comfortable day beds. Below decks there are 4 double cabins (with one extra single upper berth) and 2 twin cabins (upper/lower berth). In addition there is one family cabin on the aft deck behind the wheelhouse. This cabin has one king size bed (1.80m wide), a normal single upper bed and an additional smaller bench/bed). All cabins are air-conditioned (individually controlled) and have private bathrooms with warm and cold water. Obviously, we provide all hotel amenities you may require.
Each cabin has a wardrobe, a built-in mini safe, individually controlled cooling systems and soft lightning. All cabins have their own private bathroom with shower and toilet. Unlike typical ship accommodation, your cabin provides ample space to store your stuff and still move about with ease.
We know from experience that during a cruise in the tropics some of our guests discover the pleasure of sleeping under the stars and there is plenty of room to sleep on the upper deck. Mattresses as well as light blankets are available for that purpose.
- Spacious twin shared cabins with twin bunk beds or double bed
- Each cabin has a private bathroom with toilet and hot shower
- Washbasin and soap toiletries in your cabin
- Cabins have individually controlled air conditioning
- Towels and beach towels that are regularly changed
- each cabin has an individual minisafe for valuables and travel documents
- Free tea, coffee and mineral water
- Excellent food and snacks (vegetarian food on request)
- Excellent wine selection, cold beer and other alcoholic drinks for sale
- Chilled towels and a welcome drink upon arrival
- Outdoor sleeping facilities
- Unlimited use of our snorkeling equipment and 2 sea canoes
- Television, DVD and music centre in lounge