* Current p/p indicative rate.
Whale Science Voyage 2020
Join Annette Bombosch, PhD, and special guests for a unique 15-day expedition focusing on Marine Mammals. As the Antarctic summer comes to a close in March, migratory whale species like the Humpback are very active, socializing and feeding in preparation for the long journey ahead. Resident whale species like the Minke and Orca are abundant, and we stand a good chance of encountering Southern Right whales and some of the larger pelagic species. Leopard seals are also very busy in March, hunting naïve penguin chicks as they mature, develop their waterproof feathers, and make their first journeys to the sea.
We’ll see all this action close-up; from Zodiacs, on shore landings, and from the deck and observation platform of the ship. Photographers and videographers will have ample opportunities to capture stunning images, and those of us with scientific interests will be thrilled to work with the Citizen Science team, contributing data and images to a variety of active marine mammal research projects.
Whale Science Voyage 2020 Highlights
• Join Annette Bombosch, PhD, and special guests for a unique 14-day expedition focusing on Marine Mammals. • Enjoy sightings of whales that are at their peak in the Peninsula • Find an increasing number of Fur seals along the Peninsula and offshore islands • Penguin colonies are very active. Watch the penguin chicks beginning their molt, losing their fuzzy down and developing their adult plumage. By now, the parents have abandoned their chicks, and have gone out to sea to feed and fatten up for their own molting stage • Citizen Science Program - it is complimentary and open to everyone on board who wants to help us with real-world scientific research. There are a number of projects you can take part in and participation availability can vary, so be sure to check out the sign-up sheets when you board the ship • Photography - whatever your level of experience, and whatever camera you happen to carry, our award-winning photography coaches will help you bring home images that capture the unparalleled natural beauty and sheer magic of your Antarctica adventure. On every voyage, a dedicated photography coach will be at your disposal with invaluable tips and advice on how to capture the natural beauty of this unique landscape and all that inhabit it – in the unique light and weather conditions that can make Antarctica both special and challenging to photography lovers of all skill sets
Whale Science Voyage 2020 Dates & Prices
Prices quoted here are often dependent on currency fluctuations. Please check with (01432 507450 or email@example.com) for the very latest price, which may well be cheaper than the one advertised here.
Whale Science Voyage 2020 Itinerary
Whale Science Voyage 2020 Reverse Itinerary:
Whale Science Voyage 2020 Ship
Hebridean Sky has always been known for its effortless elegance, impeccable service and atmosphere of charm and camaraderie. Now we add increased adventure options and an on-site Passenger Service Representative. Hebridean Sky is the perfect blend of luxury and adventurous exploration. Is it a luxury ship? An adventure ship? It’s both! The vessel underwent a multi-million pound refurbishment in Sweden in Spring 2016.
Great expeditions require great food! We are pleased to offer daily changing breakfast, lunch and dinner menus with an emphasis on providing well balanced and nutritional cuisine. Our team of international chefs has boat loads of creativity and you are sure to experience a variety of interesting dishes throughout your voyage. The restaurant is located on Deck 2 and our service team looks forward to providing a memorable dining experience.
IMPECCABLE SMALL-SHIP AMENITIES
Returning from excursions, passengers enjoy complimentary refreshments, afternoon tea and all-day coffee in The Club, a gracious space for relaxation, surrounded by panoramic windows. Other Sea Explorer features include:
- Library with Internet access
- Lounge with audiovisual facilities
- Dining room
- Wraparound sun deck with Jacuzzi
- Exercise room
- Medical facilities with available doctor
- Elevator serving all passenger decks
- Swimming/zodiac platform
Please note deck plan may vary.