* Current p/p indicative rate.
Spitsbergen Highlights: Expedition in Brief (World Explorer)
Pack in all the excitement of an epic long arctic cruise into only seven days with the Spitsbergen Highlights: Expedition in Brief itinerary. In just a week, you’ll cruise through the pack ice up to 80°N along the west coast of Spitsbergen like an explorer of long ago, on a constant search for wildlife. Though this rocky island is covered in mountains and glaciers, the towering cliffs and fjords play host to a surprisingly thriving and varied ecosystem. Exploring as much of the area as possible will provide optimal opportunities to spot the most iconic of arctic wildlife, the polar bear.
The Arctic has been inspiring explorers for centuries, and our expeditions offer the chance for you to discover why. We’re excited to host you on your unforgettable adventure! Feel free to reach out to our team of Polar Travel Advisers or your travel professional, who can answer your questions and provide assistance at any time.
Spitsbergen Highlights: Expedition in Brief (World Explorer) Highlights
• View iconic arctic wildlife, such as polar bears, walrus and reindeer • Enjoy all the adventure of an arctic expedition in a week • Cruise in a Zodiac to explore glaciers, fjords, icebergs and more • Hike the colorful tundra • Immerse yourself in the icy realm of the Arctic with optional kayaking adventures
Spitsbergen Highlights: Expedition in Brief (World Explorer) Dates & Prices
Prices quoted here are often dependent on currency fluctuations. Please check with (01432 507450 or email@example.com) for the very latest price, which may well be cheaper than the one advertised here.
Spitsbergen Highlights: Expedition in Brief (World Explorer) Itinerary
Spitsbergen Highlights: Expedition in Brief (World Explorer) Reverse Itinerary:
Spitsbergen Highlights: Expedition in Brief (World Explorer) Ship
Vessel Type: Expedition Ship
Length: 126 metres
Passenger Capacity: 176
Distinct and comfortable, refined and roomy—these attributes and more describe World Explorer. Not only will it be among our fastest ships, it will also be one of our finest, with six tiers of deluxe accommodation.
The personal space is exceptional. Every cabin has either a private walk-out or Juliet balcony for direct ocean views. World Explorer also delivers plenty of public areas to unwind in after a day outdoors, including the glass-domed Observation Lounge for quiet contemplation and full skyline views, the Explorer Lounge for a drink and a chat, and the library for more intimate relaxing and reading. Presentations and discussions are facilitated in a dedicated lecture theatre.
Health and wellness facilities feature an outdoor running track, a small gym and a sauna, plus a spa with change rooms, showers and lockers. For the active adventurers, add-ons include kayaking, camping and stand-up paddleboarding.
Blending high design with total functionality, World Explorer is all set to be your home away from home on the seas.
- All cabins have exterior views and private bathroom facilities
- TV and safe in every cabin
- Individual temperature controls
- Electrical supply: 220v
- Chef-prepared meals (all meals and daily snack included)
- One dining room with unreserved seating
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender serving a selection of soft drinks, juices, liquors, spirits, beer and wine, which can be charged to your shipboard account
- Comfortable lounge area for reading or relaxing with a cup of coffee
- Observation decks for spotting wildlife and enjoying the ever-changing polar landscape
- Polar library stocked with a large collection of polar books, and games
- Pool & sauna
- Spa facilities and wellness program
- Lecture theatre
- Polar Boutique
- Ship-to-shore satellite communications with email and wireless Internet access
- Zodiac Cruising (included)
- Kayaking (additional charge)
- Camping (additional charge)
- Standup Paddleboarding (additional charge)