Delve deeper into these captivating landscapes on the 4-night Mekong Explorer Cruise, traveling back in time as we sail upriver from Saigon and the thriving Mekong Delta past floating villages, colonial vestiges and gilded pagodas to the Art Deco landmarks of Phnom Penh.
• Visit a typical Mekong Delta village called My An Hung and be invited to a local's home to taste local fruits while hearing traditional folk songs
• Fly through Mekong waters by skiff with helpful insights about local sights and wildlife from our guides
• Meet Buddhist monks and learn about beliefs which have anchored religions and societies along the Mekong
• Discover tipped pagoda temples and remote Buddhist monasteries
• Admire dexterous Khmer artisans dyeing and weaving kroma, the ubiquitous item no Khmer lives without
Spacious and indulgent, yet intimate enough to feel entirely exclusive, the Aqua Mekong incorporates relaxed yet refined lounging and dining areas and can accommodate a maximum of 40 guests plus crew. Modern navigation technologies and the highest cruise ship standards as well as our experienced river pilot and crew ensure smooth travel and safety on the water.
The Aqua Mekong has 20 air conditioned Design Suites, each one a generous 30 square meters (320 square feet), eight with balconies and all created entirely of local materials with the relaxed sophistication and contemporary comforts of a five star resort. Floor to ceiling panoramic windows allow guests to gaze upon the Mekong from the pillow top California king size bed that can be converted upon request into two full twin beds. More captivating views await on the plush, roomy daybed placed by the window wall or for our eight balcony accommodations, outside along with a romantic table for two. Those who wish to keep up on the world beyond these enthralling riverbanks will appreciate the flat screen television and complementary high speed wireless internet.
Sunlit indoors and out, the top level Observation Deck aboard the Aqua Mekong has been designed to seamlessly connect guests with the constantly shifting landscape of floating Vietnamese villages, French colonial church spires and gilded Buddhist stupas along this mighty river, always in the utmost comfort. Whether one chooses to relax in the air conditioned Indoor Lounge, go horizontal under the sun outside at the ship’s Outdoor Lounge area or cool off with a plunge in the shimmering pool at the bow side, the Observation Deck ensures that the river always remains in full view.
Guests gravitate to the Indoor Lounge in the mornings for cà phê đá, Vietnamese coffee poured over ice with sweet condensed milk, between excursions to swap travelers tales and for daily lectures from the expert local guides.
- ·Indoor and outdoor bars
- ·Indoor dining room and outdoor private dining
- ·Private screening room with theater-style seating
- ·Private library/games room
- ·Outside shaded lounge with single and double day beds
- ·Antique and artisanal boutique
- ·Lobby lounge
- ·Observation deck with outdoor sunbeds
- ·Top deck exercise room overlooking the river
- ·Infirmary with onboard medical staff
- ·Outdoor plunge pool with private cabanas
- ·Two spa treatment rooms, each with single and double massage beds
- . Ten bicycles are provided free of charge onboard