This cruise provides a fascinating taster of Assam, with visits to villages and to the Pobitora Wildlife Sanctuary, where you will drive out on safari in search of one-horned rhinoceroses.
Please Note: this itinerary is also available as a 4-day one-way cruise up to Pobitora with road transfer onwards to Kaziranga National Park. Please contact us for more details.
Prices quoted here are often dependent on currency fluctuations. Please check with (01432 507450 or email@example.com) for the very latest price, which may well be cheaper than the one advertised here.
view cabin photo
view cabin photo
Brahmaputra Taster itinerary:
Brahmaputra Taster reverse itinerary:
Vessel Type: River Boat
Lenght: 38 meters
Passenger Capacity: 24
ABN Charaidew is a 38m-long, twin-engined, steel hulled passenger boat. She was completely stripped down and rebuilt in 2003 to provide 10 twin-bedded and 2 double-bedded cabins with en-suite shower and W.C.
The grand old lady of our fleet, she makes up in character what she lacks in twenty-first century glitz.
The polished brass engine room telegraph and enormous ship’s wheel bear witness to her heritage. All cabin accommodation is on the upper deck, as is a bar and saloon opening onto a front deck. A dining room with full-length opening glass doors on each side is on the lower deck, while a large top sundeck offers additional comfortable open-air seating in shade or sun.
Local handloom fabrics specially woven for us and comfortable cane sofas and chairs contribute to the attractive decor.
* Spacious cabins with individual climate control
* En suite shower/WC with Biotique toiletries
* Generous cupboard space and under-bed storage
* Hair drier in each cabin
* High quality linens
* Large sliding glass windows offering panoramic views of the river
* Vast sundeck both open and shaded, with sunloungers or steamer chairs.
* Shore excursion programme including all admissions
* Naturalist onboard the vessel
* Cold towel service after excursions
* Welcome drink after excursions
* Shoe-cleaning after excursions
* Turndown service in all cabins
* Expertly trained culinary staff
* Single seating for buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner
* Acclaimed combination of Indian & Western cuisines
* Wide choice of wines, spirits & beer
* Complimentary tea, coffee & mineral water throughout
* Welcome reception
* Farewell reception
* Local on-board dance & song performances.
• SUALKUCHI - A delightful riverside village, where silk is produced and handwoven.
• HAJO - A pilgrimage centre sacred to Hindus, Muslims and Buddhists, with a sacred tank full of turtle and carp.